OCUPLASTIC SERVICES in atlanta
COSMETIC & RECONSTRUCTIVE OPHTHALMIC PLASTIC SURGERY
Dr. Joseph Walrath is an ophthalmologist and oculoplastic surgeon practicing in the metro Atlanta area and in surrounding community locations including Conyers, Covington, Cumming, Gainesville, Lawrenceville and Stockbridge.
Dr. Walrath is gratified to help people reach their cosmetic goals and to protect and restore vision by treating complicated eyelid and eye socket disorders. As an ophthalmic surgeon, he always mindful of the role of the eyelids and the physiology of vision, and this guides him as he provides safe, reliable, high-quality surgery.
Dr. Walrath and Dr. Liou perform cosmetic cosmetic surgery, cosmetic reconstructive surgery and nonsurgical procedures of the eyelids, forehead and midface. Oculoplastic surgeons perform both cosmetic and non-cosmetic surgery, and have a better track record preserving normal function while providing safe cosmetic surgery.
Functional surgical and nonsurgical procedures of the eyelids, forehead, and midface help patients to see better, to improve their ocular health, and help relieve discomfort. In addition to surgical disease, Dr. Walrath and Dr. Liou manage chronic diseases of the eyelids, tear drains and eye sockets.
Dr. Walrath and Dr. Liou perform minor procedures at each office location during the initial consultation if indicated, including:
Biopsies, Excisions, Chalazion removals and Injections
- Botox for the wrinkles of facial expression
- Juvederm fillers for the wrinkles and folds that persist even when the face is not in motion
- Upper and lower eyelid surgery for excess skin or “bags” in the upper and lower lids
- Cheek lifting
- Forehead and eyebrow lifting
- Reconstruction after failed cosmetic surgeries, often due to excessive removal of skin or inappropriate eyelid anchoring procedures
- Lifting the upper eyelids when they obscure vision
- Correction of eyelid malposition, which can lead to pain or tearing
- Decompression of the eye socket for people with inflammation in the eye socket, like Graves disease
- Repair of eye socket trauma
- Treatment of eye socket tumors
- Reconstruction after removal of eyelid and facial skin tumors
- Botox treatment for people with spasms of the eyelids
- Tear drain repair and reconstruction
Including Surgical treatments for patients with prosthetic eyes